Situations That Require the Professional Intervention of an Accident Attorney
One of the most common questions people ask me is whether they should hire a lawyer when involved in an accident. The answer depends on a series of factors. For instance, if you or anyone you care about has been injured in an accident, then you should see an attorney. If your car is severely damaged, then again, you should hire an accident lawyer. The only situation when you may not need to hire a lawyer is when no one has been injured and the car was not severely damaged. A simple fender bender, for instance, may not require a lawyer as it will probably be covered by your insurance policy.
Seeing an accident attorney will give you peace of mind that no stone gets left unturned. However, there are cases when you should contact a lawyer immediately after the accident.
Run to a lawyer when:
- your insurer starts acting weirdly;
- the limits of your liability insurance are low;
- important medical, legal, and technical issues are involved;
- the car accident occurred in a construction area;
- fault is clearly an issue;
- a death has resulted from the accident;
- when injuries resulted from the accident are likely to be permanent;
Walk to an accident lawyer when:
- confused over the terms of your insurance policy;
- you are confused about your legal rights;
- seeking information on how to handle the dispute with your insurance carrier;
- suspecting that your insurer may act in bad faith;
- seeking advice on the settlement value of claim.
- The good part is that finding an accident lawyer is easy. All you have to do is search online or ask friends or family members. Plus, a good lawyer will always offer a free initial consultation, so you really have nothing to lose by contacting a good attorney.
If you reside in Long Beach, CA, then you should definitely contact The Law Office of R Sailer. We specialize in personal injury and car accident cases. If this is your situation, then call us at (562) 391-1666 as soon as possible.